The whole family was killed by fumes from a generator exhaust at the weekend, at number 65, Uyo Nung- Udoe road in Ibesikpo Asutan Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.
The head of the family, his wife, two children aged ten and five-months-old baby have suffocated by fumes from a working generator. The incident occurred in the late night when the adults together with tenant's girlfriend were watching the World Cup and fell asleep.
According to the anonymous eyewitness, the small generator was kept very close to the entrance of the room that caused the tragedy.
He said, "We did not know that something has happened in the night but when we woke up early in the morning, we discovered that their door was half open with no sign of life. My brother then peeped and discovered that they were all dead."
Many residents in the area rely solely on generators whenever the area is thrown into darkness.