Kenya Airways is truly the Pride of Africa. Our global network now reaches 62 destinations, 49 of which are
spread across the Africa continent. With a modern fleet of 45 aircrafts, including five Boeing 777 series, makes us one the youngest fleets in Africa.
Kenya Airways opens a world of opportunity across the continent, creating sustainable development by connecting its people and businesses within Africa and around the world.
At Kenya Airways we believe our greatest asset is our people. When you join Kenya Airways we provide you with training and all the systems and tools you require to perform. And best of all, we provide an environment that enables each and every one of our employees to achieve their full potential.
Assistant Station Accountant
Organization Name: Finance
To process, record and update financial transactions and reconcile accounts to ensure correctness and completeness of financial records
• To reconcile control accounts to underlying records to ensure accuracy and completeness of accounting records
• To process and allocate creditors invoices to correct expense accounts, cost centers and period to ensure completeness and accurate reporting
• Maintain petty cash float to settle minor obligations
• To provide information for preparation of periodic reports for management decision-making.
• To maintain, update and reconcile fixed assets register to ensure correctness and completeness.
• Prepare VAT and withholding tax returns to ensure compliance with statutory obligation
• Review and verify revenue accounting documents (e.g. manifest, charge sheets invoices, receipts) to ensure correctness of reported revenues.
• B-com (Accountancy) or equivalent or minimum of ‘O ‘Level and 8 years experience
• CPA II
• Three (3) years relevant experience
• Computer literacy
• Good communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Team player
• Result oriented
• Honesty and integrity
• Customer focused
• Thorough and Assertive
Key Performance Indicators
• Age of reconciling items
• Customer satisfaction
• Accuracy and timeliness
• Statutory compliance
• No errors
• Growth, Tight focus on core activity
• Technical, Quality of Work
• Ownership, Minimalist organization
• Ownership, Responsible decision-making by the individual
• Influence, Team working
• Technical, Professional expertise
• Growth, Leaders not followers in what we do
• Influence, Single status organization
• Technical, Technical knowledge and skills
• Ethics, Ethically Honest
• Ethics, Standards Well Defined and Controlled
• Ownership, Acceptance to make mistakes and learn from them
• Ethics, Fair, But Firm
• Ownership, Bias for action
• Growth, Committed to success
• Influence, Good strong & frequent communications
• Growth, Active new business thrust
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should http://irecruitment.kenya-airways.com:8000/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?akRegionCode=IRC_VIS_VAC_DISPLAY_PAGE&akRegionApplicationId=800&OASF=IRC_VIS_VAC_DISPLAY&OAHP=IRC_EXT_SITE_VISITOR_APPL&transactionid=1801263386&retainAM=N&addBreadCrumb=RP& to apply online.
Deadline: 18 June, 2014