1. VACANCY FOR A COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR (MEDIA)
Our Client is one of Nigeria’s media companies operating at the fore front of media in Africa, with activities
spanning EXCLUSIVE content and distribution of specialised licensed programmes. Due to massive growth and expansion they are seeking the services of spontaneous Commercial Director who would carry out the below deliverables.
Summary of Roles and Typical Job activities for COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR
Ø The Commercial Director International takes ownership of all Commercial activities of the Group and advice management on all Commercial operations.
Ø Lead the planning and execution of all commercial activities and strategies for the organization and all its subsidiaries. This includes product planning, market research, pricing, distribution, advertising, and public relations.
Ø Responsible for attainment of the group’s marketing and sales revenue budgets
Ø Plans, directs, and coordinates the commercial development of the company.
Ø Duties and responsibilities also include formulating policies, managing daily marketing and sales operations
Ø The Commercial Director provides the leadership, management, strategy and vision necessary to enhance revenue growth of the Company and ensure growth of client and asset base
Ø Essentially, the Commercial Director is responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass revenue budget, profitability, cash flow as well as business goals and objectives
EDUCATION and /or EXPERIENCE
First Degree with Higher degrees/MBA/ Professional Certification or training; or equivalent combination of education and minimum of 10 years’ experience in Business Strategy & Development, Sales and Commercial Planning, 5 of which must have been spent in a similar role, preferably in a media industry. Experience in sport & media marketing is very key!
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· Sound Business Acumen
•Aptitude with Figures
•Ability to build a long lasting commercial relationships
•Risk Management Skills
•Business and Management principles knowledge
•Tendering and negotiation knowledge with applicable laws & regulations
•Good project and time management skills
•Strong business strategy and analytical skills
•Planning & organizational skills
•Ability to work collaboratively
•Access to Business contacts is highly required
Age Bracket: below 50 years Pay Package: Open. Job Group: Senior Mgt. Level
Mode of Application: Qualified candidates should please forward CVs to email@example.com using Commercial Director as subject of mail. Only experienced and qualified candidates will be shortlisted and invited for an interview.
2. VACANCY FOR A MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER (MEDIA)
Our Client is one of Nigeria’s media companies operating at the fore front of media in Africa, with activities spanning EXCLUSIVE content and distribution of specialised licensed programmes. Due to massive growth and expansion they are seeking the services of spontaneous Commercial Director who would carry out the below deliverables.
Summary of Roles and Typical Job activities for MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
· Responsible for developing and delivering the Marketing and Communications strategy in support of the Company’s mission and business plan.
· To proactively develop and respond to media opportunities and issues and manage the Company’s reputation. Reputation and perception management is key.
· Draft press release and organise press conference on a short notice
· Effectively communicate the corporate mission, structure and values of the company to all stakeholders and
· Lead and manage the development, production and maintenance of marketing materials, ensuring they have a measurable impact and reflect the Company’s brand and values.
· Manage and develop the Group's digital presence, including the corporate websites, search engine marketing and search engine optimization programs, keyword search, search engine marketing and social media in line with guidance and reflecting the Company’s brand and values.
· Work with the business development and mobilisation teams to develop and prepare communications responses for bid submissions.
· Conduct appropriate market research and monitor competitors and markets providing information to senior managers to enable informed decisions to be taken to protect and maximise the Group's business.
· Effectively manage the Group's marketing and communications budget to ensure that financial targets are met.
· Plan, organize, execute and manage events including client and partner events, industry events, sales training sessions and other corporate events.
Education & Experience:
Ø Bachelor's Degree from a University in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field. Higher degree and relevant professional certification are added advantage
Ø 4 – 6 years’ experience and/or training in a marketing role within a corporate environment; &
Ø Experience of translating vision and business plan into a coherent marketing and communications strategy.
Ø Knowledge and experience in web marketing, SEO, social media.
Ø Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills.
Ø Reputation and perception management skills.
Ø Must be both traditional and new media savvy.
Ø Ability to own and control the media.
Ø Excellent written and verbal communications.
Ø Budget and time management skills.
Ø Exceptional skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook Email & Calendar.
Ø Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
Ø Resourcefulness in solving problems
Ø Excellent people management skill, an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
Ø Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail with ability to multi-task and think outside of the box.
Ø Superior professionalism and judgment
Ø Strong work ethics
Age Bracket: 25 – 32 years
Job Group: Mid-Level – Senior Level Management
Remuneration Package: This will depend on staff qualification and experience or both. Within a range of NGN2,000,000 – NGN3,000,000 pa.
Mode of Application: Qualified candidates should please forward CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using MCM - MEDIA as subject of mail. Only experienced and qualified candidates will be shortlisted and invited for an interview.