The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) was founded in 1960 and today services the largest economy in Africa. A registered company
limited by guarantee, it is licensed under the Investments and Securities Act (ISA) and is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) of Nigeria.
The NSE is committed to adopting the highest levels of international standards in all its dealings with its stakeholders. To support this commitment, the Exchange belongs to a number of international and regional organizations that promote the development of standards and best practices in its operations, such as the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO), the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE), the SIIA’s Financial Information Services Division (FISD), Sustainable Stock Exchanges, Financial Services Regulation Coordinating Committee (FSRCC) Nigeria and the Intermarket Surveillance Group (ISG). It is a founding member and executive committee member of the African Securities Exchanges Association (ASEA) and also a foundation member of the World Economic Forum (WEF).
The NSE is an automated exchange that provides listing and trading services, as well as market data dissemination services, market indices, and much more. Through the Central Securities Clearing System Plc. (CSCS), an associate company, it is able to offer electronic clearing, settlement and delivery (CSD) services and custodian services.
The NSE continues to evolve in order to meet the needs of its valued customers and to achieve the highest level of competitiveness. With about 250 listed securities, it operates fair, orderly and transparent markets that bring the best of African enterprise together with local and global investor communities. The Nigerian Stock Exchange is poised to champion the acceleration of Africa's economic development while creating durable wealth.
The Graduate Trainee Programme of The Nigerian Stock Exchange is an 11 months programme geared towards building global talents locally, and raising a new generation of leaders for the Capital Market and Nigeria's economy.
The Graduate Trainee Programme is primarily designed to build the talent pool at the NSE (“our future leaders”) as well as to address the skills gap in the Capital Market and the Nigerian economy at large, as a secondary objective.
Joining the NSE Graduate Trainee Programme is a great way to progress within our business and fast track your career. The NSE Graduate Trainee is expected to be a logical thinker, proactive, have a great attitude and be tenacious, energetic and hardworking. The NSE Graduate shall be a team leader and player who sees him/herself leading the growth of the Capital Market in Nigeria, Sub-Saharan Africa and Africa at large.
The NSE Graduate Trainee shall possess the following:
Technical Business Attributes;
• A sound knowledge of the Nigerian economy
• Knowledge of relevant Financial Literacy themes and their application to include:
• Financial planning
• Financial analysis
• Business analysis
• Investment analysis
• Data gathering and analysis
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
Capital Market Attributes;
• An NSE Graduate Trainee shall understand the operations of the Capital Markets to include:
• The regulatory framework
• The products of the market
• The technology that drives the market
• The relationship between the Capital Market and the Nigerian economy
• The place of the Nigerian economy in the globe – strength, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
• A high degree of emotional intelligence
• Excellent communication skills such as speaking, writing and listening
• A high potential employee
• Ability to match any world-class management trainee across the globe
• High morals, high ethical standards, strong personal values and a perfect alignment to the values of The Nigerian Stock Exchange
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.