Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSN) is a results-orientated non-Governmental organisation, which uses modern
management and marketing techniques to provide family planning and other reproductive healthcare clinical services in underserved communities. MSN’s goal is to dramatically improve access to family planning and related reproductive health services to reduce maternal mortality and ultimately poverty in Nigeria.
MSN is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which operates in 43 countries and is the largest non-Governmental provider of family planning in the world.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
to further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Reporting to: Project Manager
Duration of contract: 2 years
Probation Period: 6 months
Your responsibilities as a Driver shall include;
· Maintaining a high level of professionalism in driving assigned persons at all times.
· To ensure that MSIN attains high standard quality care of vehicles at all times.
· To ensure that vehicles are in good working conditions at all times.
· To report all damages to Procurement/Logistics Officer for necessary action.
· To channel all requests for repairs, maintenance, and fuel through the Logistics Officer.
· To ensure that all keys are safely kept the in the key box.
· To run project vehicle/s as appointed by the Project Manager or any other Manager.
· To keep daily record of vehicle mileage.
· To collect weekly itinerary from the Project Manager
· To return all vehicles to office immediately after approved use.
· Maintain a logbook and analyse fuel consumption
· Record service delivery data on outreach visits
· Collecting, recording and reconciliation of cash on outreach site visits
· To perform other administrative duties as may be assigned.
· Must have at least OND certificate or higher.
· Holder of a clean and valid driver’s licence
· Knowledge of the road network in the state
· Organisation, initiative, tidiness, courtesy and good communication skills
· English and local languages
· Capacity to work as a team member
Reporting to: Administrative Manager
Duration of contract: 2 years (Renewable)
· Provide administrative, financial, and operational support to the Country Director, including:
· Scheduling meetings
· Booking travel
· Organising calendar
· Maintaining filing systems
· Helping prepare word documents, excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations
· Supporting projects and initiatives
· Handle financial reimbursements
· Any other reasonable duties and/or special projects required by the Country Director
Travel and logistics
· Organise travel arrangements for team members and external consultants, including booking flights (best quotes/routes) and arranging visas, itineraries and accommodation.
· Maintain absence and movement records for team members.
· Provide logistical support to external consultants.
· Coordinate events/meetings/conferences (room bookings, refreshments, preparation of agenda and other documentation, minute taking and distribution, assisting with PowerPoint presentations).
· Coordinate visits by overseas team members and external consultants · Information management
· Maintain team administrative systems, including electronic and paper filing systems.
· Provide support in IT co-ordination and troubleshooting.
· Coordinate weekly staff meetings, producing agenda, taking notes and producing minutes.
· Organise events and ad-hoc meetings with external parties
· Collect and communicate the team’s weekly movements
· Maintain and develop Office Systems.
· Provide overall administrative support.
· Distribute the team’s incoming mail and send outgoing mail or organise courier services
· Arranging induction schedules for new team members
· Undertake ad-hoc assignments and projects
It is a role requirement that the job holder must fully comply with, promote and live MSI CORE VALUES:
· Experience in team co-ordination or administrative role for a large team
· Experience in working with statistical and financial data Desirable
· Experience in IT troubleshooting Desirable
· Experience in organisation of events/workshops
· Experience of working for an international organisation
· Excellent organisational skills
· Excellent English, written and spoken, Highly developed communication skills
· Ability to manage a heavy and fluctuating workload
· Ability to manage conflicting demands of a large team
· Ability to prioritise own workload, Results orientated
· Ability to handle a steep learning curve
· Able to work as part of a team
· Enthusiastic, positive, determined
· Able to work on one’s own initiative
· Able to prioritise tasks, Calm under pressure
· Sound judgement, Proactive
· Able to work in a culturally diverse environment
· General interest in development and/or reproductive health issues Desirable
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to email@example.com not later than Thusday 5th February 2015. MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Please note that applications that do not meet the above specification will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.