Mercy Corps, International Humanitarian Organisation is looking for candidates to fill in various positions under
the Promoting Peaceful Communities around Elections (PPCE) program. We are looking for motivated individuals, members of targeted community ready and willing to work in dynamic team.
Program Officer – Promoting Peaceful Communities around Elections
Duty Station: Abuja with up to 50% travel to project locations
The Project Officer will support the implementation of activities related to capacity building for leaders in negotiation and dispute resolution, facilitation and implementation of messaging and information campaigns, and the facilitation of community conflict prevention meetings, and other activities as needed. The Project Officer will also provide support to all other activities related to the PPCE program and will ensure smooth, timely, and compliant implementation. The Project Officer will liaise frequently with community members and represent Mercy Corps to local leaders.
· BA/S or equivalent in conflict management, social sciences, international development or other relevant field.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience working in the non-profit sector in conflict management/peacebuilding, community development, or economic and market development.
· Experience working in rural areas in Nigeria, particularly in target states of CONCUR.
· Experience working in a multi-organizational team (international and national partners) is a plus.
· Strong written and oral communication skills in English required, including report development, writing and editing.
· Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
· Experience working with country-level ministries and government officials, Ministry of Education experience preferred.
•Fluency in written and verbal English required. Hausa language skills desired.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit CV and Cover Letter, addressing the position requirements email@example.com.
Applications submission deadline: January 16, 2015.
All applications must include the position title (Program Officer - PPCE) in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.